Saturday, May 15, 2010

Windermere Marathon 5.15.10

What a day this has been! Paul and Brenda ran the Windermere Marathon this morning and I got to be the race crew for a change. It was fun! After shuttling them to the starting line in Post Falls I followed them along the course to cheer for them, shout words of wisdom (looking good!, good job!, all down hill from here!, keep it up! etc.) and take pictures. I ran to some fun spectators along the way, actually ran into them at the same spots along the course most of the time. Caught up with Cam along Upriver and lost my vocal cords somewhere between point A and point B. Even caught some sun, even though now my scalp hurts, my arms are scorched AND I look like Rudolph. *Awesome*.

Watching a marathon means more after having ran one because you truly know just how crappy at certain points they probably feel. There is nothing worse than hitting "the wall" and there is nothing worse then having someone tell you that "you are almost there" when you still have 10 plus miles to run. You are NOT almost there!!!!!

Given both the heat and course length mishap, Paul and Brenda both did absolutely amazing. I am so proud of both of them and super proud that Brenda accomplished running her first marathon. I was excited when Brenda wanted me to run the last part of the course with her. It was pretty cool! Did I mention that I am really super duper proud of her!?

Here are my pictures:

http://picasaweb.google.com/tashamalcolm/WindermereMarathon51510?authkey=Gv1sRgCKjlkZzGkLepzQE#

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for being the cheering section! It made it so fun having the people on the sideline to joke with while you were chuggin along!

    ReplyDelete