Friday, November 20, 2009

One Vaca Down...One Vaca To Go!

Cam, Tia, and I had a blast on our roadtrip to visit his grandparents in Sisters. It was the first trip in our new car! The weather couldn't have been better this time of year. It was a little chilly, but not as cold as Spokane was when we left. We didn't get lost along the way and Tia enjoyed the bed I made for her in the back of the car.

We got into Sisters about 9:30 on Saturday night. Sunday we just hung out around Sisters and visited a local fish hatchery. That night we went to a local Brew Pub in town called Three Creeks. They had amazing food! Cam and I each tried a different beer; I don't remember what his was called, but mine was called "Knotty Blonde". Haha. They gave me some coasters to take home with us. You should check out their website: http://www.threecreeksbrewing.com/

Monday we spent the day shopping in Bend. I love that city! We went to the Nike outlet and I got some cold weather running clothes. Then we went to the Old Mill District to check out REI and I went into the Duck Store. The Duck Store was pretty much amazing. I wanted to get Tia a little Oregon football jersey, but they didn't have any pet stuff. Boo to them! I really wanted an Oregon football jersey for myself (they are so coooool), but I figure I should save my money. Cam would not accept that as a "necessary purchase". For lunch I got to take Cam to my most favorite burger place in Bend. It's called Pilot Butte Burgers and they are literally AMAZING! I think Cam was impressed. :)When we were there somebody ordered their 18oz burger. It was HUGE!!!!! I wanted to take a picture of it, but I didn't want the guy to think that I was a crazy person. Check out their website:http://www.pilotbutte.com/

We headed back to Spokane on Tuesday so that Cam could go back to work on Wednesday and so that I could finalize my financial aid for school. I was hoping that Cam would be all eager to move to Bend, but he wasn't much of a fan. :(

Now, it's almost time for our second vacation. Tia and I leave for my parent's house on Tuesday and then Cam is going to come over on Friday when he gets off of work. Should be a quiet Thanksgiving this year, but I am looking forward to the trip home. I get to see my parents and my best friend. Couldn't be more perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment