We stayed our first night outside of Butte, MT at Fairmount Springs. They have a hot springs under the resort (I didn't get to stay at the resort :(.....) that provides for naturally warm swimming water. We spent some time at the pool after we managed to set our little tent up. Camping in 90 degree weather didn't seem like so much fun in the beginning, but then it got really cold and windy. Luckily, Cam bought me a sleeping bag. Long story, but he wasn't going to buy me one.
After we left the next morning we went white water rafting! I was petrified!!!! It ended up being a lot of fun, but the first 30 minutes I was pretty scared. I would totally do it again. I think Cam had a lot of fun too. He got the award for getting the most soaked! :)
That night we arrived at the KOA in West Yellowstone which would be our "home sweet home" for the next 2 nights. The first night we hung out in town and went shopping. The next day we went into Yellowstone. It took us 10 hours to drive through the whole park. It was beautiful and I took at least a couple hundred photos along the way.
The night there was an awful lighting/thunder storm that lasted a couple of hours. Everything got pretty wet, but luckily we were able to get everything in the Jeep before it got totally soaked. Some people camping weren't so fortunate and ended up leaving.
Here is a link to my photos from Yellowstone
No comments:
Post a Comment