Once I again, I have been extremely delinquent in updating our blog. Updating everything has been on my "to-do list" for a couple of weeks now. Since Cam is at the Seahawks game today I have plenty of "me" time on my hands so it seems like the perfect opportunity to get everything updated.
After much thought, I decided to leave my job at 911. It just was not the right fit for me. I admire anyone who can work in an environment like that everyday. The job gave my way too much anxiety and sleepless nights. Quitting was one of the best decisions I have made. I knew in the first week or so that I didn't think I would like the job, but I gave it my best and after a couple of months I decided it was best to part ways. Cam was supportive, but not thrilled either. The hardest thing for me was knowing that I was leaving a good paying job, but in the end $ isn't worth everything. Self happiness is much more important.
In the end when one door closes another opportunity awaits. In my case a much, much better opportunity was waiting for me. I was thankful to get a job offer at Deaconess Medical Center only a couple of weeks after leaving 911. I will be assisting in the recruitment of providers for both Deaconess and Rockwood Clinic. I am extremely excited about this wonderful venture and opportunity. I feel like for the first time in over a year, things are starting to fall into place. I was devastated when I was bumped from my position at EWU and felt a little lost for a while, now I feel almost human again. Wish me luck because tomorrow is my first day! :)
November went by way to fast. It seems like it was just November 1st yesterday. We both had good, but quiet birthdays. We went to my family's Thanksgiving in Oregon. The drive down was interesting to say the least. We had gotten quite a bit of snow in Spokane right before leaving and unfortunately so did all of the towns on the way to Nehalem. A typical 7-8 hour drive took over 10 hours on Wednesday. We were very tired and kind of cranky by the time we got to my parent's house. It was great to see my family and my best friend for a couple of days. It seems like we never have enough time to do everything we would like to when we are in town. Thankfully the drive back to Spokane was better even though we came home to even more snow than when we left. It was incredibly nice of our neighbors to snow blow our driveway for us when we were gone.
My last week of being "unemployed" has been busy! I finished my Christmas shopping, made Christmas cards, and did some much needed house cleaning. Not to mention I decorated for Christmas also. :) On Saturday we went to the EWU playoff game at Roos Field. By the end of the game I was frozen solid! The temperature said it was 20 degrees, but the windchill factor was awful. Luckily, the Eags won and have another game this coming weekend. They are ranked #1 in the nation and have a good chance of making it to the National Championship game.
Cam and I are both looking forward to Christmas. I am excited that we will get our tree this week so that I can finish my decorating. Next on my agenda will be baking, lotsa baking. Yummmmm.
Hugs!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your new job!
ReplyDelete